Monday, June 15, 2009

Four Corners

When I awoke and emerged from my tent on Saturday, I was greeted by a heron (or possibly a stork) sitting in the lake near my tent.  After snapping a quick photograph of him, I quickly tore down my camp and hit the road.  I was eager to find a gas station at which I could brush my teeth prior to really heading for Four Corners.  I finally found one about 20 minutes away, but at least it was 20 minutes in the right direction.



I reached Four Corners around10:30ish and spent about half an hout there taking a few pictures.  Someone was kind enough to offer to take my picture while I was touching four different states (Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico in case you don’t know).  I’ve heard that the Four Corners Monument isn’t actually where the four states meet, so I may not have been touching four states at once, but it was fun anyways.  Once I finished taking pictures, I quickly ate lunch and then hit the road again for my ultimate destination of the day – Arches National Park.






Me touching four states at the same time :-)

1 comment:

mellowyellow said...

WHOA, Erin... did I know that you were that flexible? lol. I would've backbended 4 states with you!!