Monday, June 15, 2009

Four Corners

When I awoke and emerged from my tent on Saturday, I was greeted by a heron (or possibly a stork) sitting in the lake near my tent.  After snapping a quick photograph of him, I quickly tore down my camp and hit the road.  I was eager to find a gas station at which I could brush my teeth prior to really heading for Four Corners.  I finally found one about 20 minutes away, but at least it was 20 minutes in the right direction.



I reached Four Corners around10:30ish and spent about half an hout there taking a few pictures.  Someone was kind enough to offer to take my picture while I was touching four different states (ArizonaUtahColorado, and New Mexico in case you don’t know).  I’ve heard that the Four Corners Monument isn’t actually where the four states meet, so I may not have been touching four states at once, but it was fun anyways.  Once I finished taking pictures, I quickly ate lunch and then hit the road again for my ultimate destination of the day – Arches National Park.






Me touching four states at the same time :-)

1 comment:

mellowyellow said...

WHOA, Erin... did I know that you were that flexible? lol. I would've backbended 4 states with you!!