Sunday, November 2, 2008

I've made it to Jomsom!

So my original plan was to take a flight from Jomsom to Pokhra, but I am enjoying myself so much that I have decided to complete the entire circuit, i.e., essentially walk to Pokhra (although their is a 2 hour bus ride at the very end). This has been one of the most amazinf experiences of my life, and I have found it to be the best way to see ac ountry. The pace allows me to take in my surroundings. Teh scenery is amazing and the sounds of the villages and along the trail only heighten the experience. I will be sad to see my trek come to an end, although I am happy for now because I am able to extend it for another 5 or 6 days.

The down side to all of this is that I probably won't be posting many picture until I return to the States, but I am keeping a journal, so my account of my trek will be posted eventually, complete with lots of photos. Stay tuned :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Erin,
If I understand your post, you plan to walk 350+ miles through the Himalayas in 5 or 6 days! Wonderful.

Deb

Michelle said...

good luck erin! i can't wait to see pictures

Unknown said...

Erin, I'm so excited you made another post to your blog. I am on edge in anticipation. Everytime I go swim at the 54st rec, I think of you. I went yesterday. Stupid people can't circle swim.

Anyways, I am always praying for your safe journey. What is happening with Heather?

I plan to walk Korea one day. I too think it'd be the most awesome way to see a country that is fairly small and therefore manageable. Return safely. xoxo