Monday, October 27, 2008

I made it to Manang!

Apparently there is internet on the trek, but only in a few places. It is quite expenses, so I will keep this short and give the daily blow by blow of my trek once I get to Pokhra or Kathmandu. Long story short, Heather decided that the trek was not for her, so she went to Pokhra for a few days and wil son head to Lombini in the south. She is having a nice time. I am traveling with a very nice Swiss woman named Laurence and am having a fabulous time. We are at about the half way point from the beginning to Jomson and are taking an acclimatization day in Manang. Tomorrow we will start our ascent to Thorong La, the mountain pass at around 17,000 feet. We still have three more stops before we get there, and it is colder colder every night as we gain elevation. It is quite pleasant during the day when the sun is above the mountains. I will be in touch soon and all is well.

2 comments:

Ron413 said...

That's soooo awesome Erin! sounds like you're having a blast. I can't wait to see the pictures. - ron

JoeyLim said...

I can't believe you're doing this! Wow! I bet the views must be amazing!!!