Sunday, October 19, 2008

We made it!

Our trip was pretty uneventful, although we did learn that when you buy the cheapest flights available, you get what you pay for. Saying Aeroflot is a no frills airline would be an understatement, and one unexpected 'perk' was the fresh smell of BO from our fellow passengers. In the end though, I slept almost the entire trip, so I think I'm glad I have the money left over to do things here in Nepal.

We've gotten settled in our guest house in Kathmandu and finally gotten some dinner in us (somehow we manage to go 12 hours without a meal). We haven't taken that many photos yet, but I do have a couple of our guest house, so I'll go ahead and post those.

We're going to check into buses to Basisihar tomorrow so that we can get our trek started. I really can't wait to get out into the mountains! I think we are going to try to go to the Monkey Temple as well, so hopefully there will be more interestig thing to see tomorrow.

2 comments:

JoeyLim said...

I've never flown Aeroflot before... but perhaps the plane is quite old? Did they feed you? 12 hours without a meal?!?

Herb said...

I've flown Aeroflot before and back then the BO was mixed with cigar smoke. made for a fun 5 - 6 hour flight. :)