Monday, October 20, 2008

Monkey Temple Today, Trekking Tomorrow


We saw lots of monkeys today! We took a taxi to the Monkey Temple and walked up to the stupa at the top of the hill. This monkey here was stealing rice offerings from within the base of the stupa.

The internet connection here is really slow, so it takes areally long tim to post a lot of pictures. Once I get home, I'll add a link to Picasa site.

We were able to organize our trek today. Our bus leaves Kathmandu at 8:45AM. Once we arrive in Basisahar, we will have two hours of walking before we get to a place t stay for the night. My guess it electricity will not be available, but pop in from time to time to see if we encounter some. We will be in Jomson in 12 days, and hopefully in Pohkra in 13. There should be electricity in both of those places.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

good luck on your trek!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great! I'm keeping up so post away!

St. Nicholas Court Condo board said...

Hi Erin - have a GREAT TIME on your trek, sounds awesome! BTW, don't know if you've heard, but Melissa had her baby on Friday - Cooper Hewitt-Marx (like the museum), he has red hair and I think looks a lot like Paul. Thought you would want to know the scoop.

Hi to Heather for me!

Emily

Unknown said...

Erin,
much fun and good luck in the world beyond hot showers and the internet.

JoeyLim said...

Wow! How big is that stupa? I guess the stupas I saw in Indonesia were tiny compared to that one :o)

melissa said...

Enjoy yourselves, and remember "Ramro sunga jhanus"

BTW- Cooper Frederick Hewett-Marx joined the world a few minutes before your flight left. 7lbs, 9oz

He can't wait to meet you.

I'm so glad to see the blog so I can keep track of (and live vicariously thru) you two!

Melissa

Scott the Wanderer said...

Erin,
Sounds like you are off on the right foot (or left). Enjoy the trek and let me know how the gear holds up! Take care and I'll check back in soon.

Scott

Herb said...

Great idea with travel blog Erin. Can't wait to see all the pictures. How long are you traveling for?